Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.William Shakespeare
This would be an exciting challenge for a student writer—to write a historical fiction in the first person. It would require the writer to have a deep understanding of the characters, time period and problems in the story.
1. Train hard
You will get back exactly what you give — and what you expect, and demand. You set the standards for how you want to be treated based on how you view and treat yourself, and then how you view and treat others.
Understands that this goes both ways
In a professional context it often happens that private or corporate clients corder a publication to be made and presented with the actual content still not being ready. Think of a news blog that’s filled with content hourly on the day of going live. However, reviewers tend to be distracted by comprehensible content, say, a random text copied from a newspaper or the internet. The are likely to focus on the text, disregarding the layout and its elements. Besides, random text risks to be unintendedly humorous or offensive, an unacceptable risk in corporate environments.
Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. This is from Howard Washington Thurman.
2. Dedicate yourself to the work
In many schools, Success Mentors are teachers and staff who meet with students all throughout the
school day. Without a regularly scheduled meeting time/place for mentors to congregate, swap
stories and challenges, and seek guidance, providing this ongoing support can be a challenge.
Should I get my mentee a holiday gift?
Cicero famously orated against his political opponent Lucius Sergius Catilina. Occasionally the first Oration against Catiline is taken for type specimens: Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
- Try a new sport.
- Play to your talents.
- Take a vacation or weekend getaway
- Congratulate yourself and your mentee
- Play a video game together.
- Have an old movie night.
- Talk to your mentoring program coordinator
In good love, there’s nothing “to do” except love one another. Every day. And it doesn’t depend on how we feel, because good, healthy love doesn’t hinge on our feelings; it’s a choice. Every day.
3. Communicate effectively
Every moment we spend with our loved one is precious and invaluable. That’s where the relationship lives or dies. And a lot of those everyday moments are, for the most part, amazing.
- Comment Warren Buffett est devenu milliardaire
- La Cemac supprime les frais de roaming dès janvier 2021
- L’Uemoa, un « Luxembourg » de l’investissement en Afrique ?
- HouseAfrica s’attaque à la fraude foncière
- Salimatou Diallo, en tête du classement des Cabinets africains
A. Be kind
We love connecting with other people because it makes us happy. And good communication is the key when it comes to positive social interaction.
But what does a healthy conversation look like? How can you avoid overcommunicating? And how can you improve communication in a romantic relationship?
One of the most important communication skills is listening. Deep, positive relationships can only be developed by listening to each other (Weger, Castle, & Emmett, 2010).
So if there is no communication in your relationship it may be due to the fact that there was no one truly listening while both of you were just trying to get a point across.
B . Be honest
Do not be selfish
Positive Psychology is all about flourishing in life. Finding solutions rather than trying to understanding problems. And while it is a human need to connect with others, most importantly we need to be connected with ourselves. So are you communicating with yourself as much as you are with others? What are they like, the conversations you have with yourself? Is your inner voice your best friend or your worst critic?
From troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections. The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment.
Be open minded
Open and clear communication can be learnt. Some people find it hard to talk and may need time and encouragement to express their views. These people may be good listeners, or they may be people whose actions speak louder than their words.
You can help to improve your communication by:
- building companionship – sharing experiences, interests and concerns with your partner, and showing affection and appreciation
- sharing intimacy – intimacy is not only a sexual connection. Intimacy is created by having moments of feeling close and attached to your partner. It means being able to comfort and be comforted, and to be open and honest. An act of intimacy can be as simple as bringing your partner a cup of tea because you can tell they are tired
- being on the same page as your partner. It’s important that you and your partner are both in agreement on key issues in your relationship, such as how finances are distributed, what key goals you have and your parenting styles.